Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Post 7: Sponsers of Literacy

I believe that Brandt and her claim that sponsors always benefit from sponsorship is supported mainly on the idea of gaining acknowledgement through whatever it is that they sponsor. Since literacy comes from learning or reading anything that was not otherwise previously known in a certain social, economic or cultural setting it makes sense that sponsors can gain from literacy and sponsorship. For example when I was a boy, only about 7 years old I played baseball. As a small town we never really got BIG sponsors but we did receive some support through organizations and businesses  through sponsorships. These businesses were not really known to me at age 7 but as i read their logos and constantly saw their signs on the baseball fence the name of the organization and what they do caused me to become literate to what they did. So going back to what Brandt suggests about sponsors always gaining something can be proven by my simple example. Even though i didn't contribute personally to their business I am more knowledgeable of what they do and that their business actually exists. In this way the business has gained a potential consumer as well as someone that could possibly spread the word of their existence to  someone else. I think this is the biggest point a recieved from reading Brandt's piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment